United Presbyterian Church. Presbytery of Kilmamock.
|1880||The Mission Hall was opened. (The present Session House)|
|1881||Full Church status in the Presbytery of Kilmarnock|
First Minister appointed. (Replaced Visiting Preachers)
|1884||The new Church building was opened.|
Joined with the Free Church to become Prestwick South
Vestry accommodation added.
Memorial Window to Sarah W. Stewart Gilfillan.
Wired for Electricity.
Memorial Window to 2nd Lt. William Albert Robertson Monteith.
|1927||Ryefield House and grounds adjacent to the Church purchased.|
Pulpit area remodelled. Organ moved to the South side of the
The New Hall was opened.
Front area of the Church opened by removing the gates and
Gas CentraI Heating installed in the Church.
|1967 & 1972||
Memorial Windows given by 3rd Prestwick Brownies.
|1997||Small Hall, formerly the Mission Station redesigned to serve as the Session House and to hold small meetings.|
|1981||Gas central heating installed in the New Hall. Pulpit area redesigned to provide clearer platform area for the Communion Table and for Wedding and Baptismal Ceremonies.|
|1984||Pulpit and Choir area redesigned.|
|1985||Church bell equipment installed. Wyvern Organ installed, this being the third organ in the Church's history - apart from the harmonium in the early days of the Mission.|
|1990||The new comprehensive Notice Board was erected in the forecourt and dedicated in memory of Mrs Marguerite Simpson.|
The new Vestry was dedicated in memory of Mrs Jean Deans. The old Vestry was turned into a much needed Waiting Room.
|1992||The Church Garden was completed, transformed from waste ground at the rear of the Hall.|
On Good Friday, 9th April, a Metal Sculpture depicting Christ on the Cross was erected in the Church Garden. It was a gift from the art department of Ayr Academy.
The New Kitchen Extension was opened by Provost Gibson MacDonald of Kyle and Carrick District Council
Two Ramps were constructed to facilitate access to the Church and Halls for the disabled. £900 towards this project was provided from funds resulting from Rev. Kenneth Elliott’s 1994 Sponsored London Marathon Run.
An improved Sound System was of significant help to those
|1996||The Session House was Refurbished. Carpet Tiles were fitted, New Chairs were purchased and purpose-built furniture was constructed.|